About My Blog!


My name is Alex Smith. For Mr. Jenkins 11th grade Honors English class, we had to do an end of the year research project. I decided to be completely random, and research interpretive dance. I wanted to answer the question if interpretive is completely useful, or a complete waste of time. I found out that there are many opinions about it, but most of what I found was that it is a beautiful way to express your feelings. Not just through interpretive dance, but any dance. I really enjoyed seeing both sides of the argument, and made many conclusions of my own.



Beginning Research

Interpretive Dance was the perfect topic for me. There are so many websites that are able to help with my research, however one of the most helpful is this Website with an article written by Nadia Hava-Robbins, and this article has a lot of great information needed to complete my paper. Interpretive dance in this piece is defined as, “a form of expression for speaking visually, of joy, love, fear, pain, anger, despair, etc.” (Hava-Robbins)

This website catches my interest as well as promotes the positives and negatives of interpretive dance which gives me exactly what is needed for my research. This website describes personal experience and opinion that other websites do not, which is very helpful.

Hava-Robbins, Nadia. "Interpretive Dance." Dance. Jan2002. 25 Mar 2009 <http://www.snowcrest.net/turningpoint/interpdance.html.>

0 comments:



Post a Comment