About My Blog!


My name is Alex Smith. For Mr. Jenkins 11th grade Honors English class, we had to do an end of the year research project. I decided to be completely random, and research interpretive dance. I wanted to answer the question if interpretive is completely useful, or a complete waste of time. I found out that there are many opinions about it, but most of what I found was that it is a beautiful way to express your feelings. Not just through interpretive dance, but any dance. I really enjoyed seeing both sides of the argument, and made many conclusions of my own.



Is it Useful?

Some people think that interpretive dance isn’t as beautiful and expressive as others. In fact, they pretty much compare it to the IQ’s of professional cheerleaders (pretty mean, but you understand the point). The article states that interpretive dance is meant to tell a story or relay an emotion or meant to express the emotion in the music. Or in other words, an excuse for the dancers to forget everything and just “be-bop” around the stage. (Everything2.com).

I think that these words are very harsh. I that that interpretive dance is very expressive and a beautiful way to show emotions. I think that this article has too much harsh feeling about interpretive dance and has a lot of negativity for something that is so beautiful.

"Interpretive Dance." Everything2.com. 02 Aug 2006 . 2 Apr 2009 .

0 comments:



Post a Comment